WORKSHOP TO EDUCATE BABY BOOMERS ON SOCIAL SECURITY
A New Generation of Retirees Prepares to Collect Benefits
An educational workshop titled “Savvy Social Security Planning: What Baby Boomers Need to Know to Maximize Retirement Income” has been scheduled for 6:30 pm, on Monday, April 21st at the Mission Trail Library, 34303 Mission Trail, Wildomar, CA 92595, and Tuesday, April 22nd at the Temecula Public Library, 30600 Pauba Road, Temecula, CA 92592.
After being told for years that Social Security is “going broke”, baby boomers are realizing that it will soon be their turn to collect. But the decisions they make now can have a tremendous impact on the total amount of benefits they stand to receive over their lifetime.
Questions boomers are asking include:
- Will Social Security be there for me?
- How much can I expect to receive?
- When should I apply for Social Security?
- How can I maximize my benefits?
- Will Social Security be enough to live on in retirement?
To help baby boomers better understand the Social Security system, this workshop will cover:
- Five factors to consider when deciding when to apply for benefits
- When it makes sense to delay benefits—and when it does not
- Why you should always check your earnings record for accuracy
- How to estimate your benefits
- How to coordinate benefits with your spouse
- How to minimize taxes on Social Security benefits
- How to coordinate Social Security with your other sources of retirement income
Seating is limited and reservations are recommended. Individuals may reserve space by calling Dubots Capital Management at (951) 699-1502.