Toni - when is enough ENOUGH?? Patch is now condoning stories posted for straight up personal attacks on someone defending her city against a troll of the site (Lake Elsinore Resident's "post" about Michelle Swann)?? This is wrong in every way. LER constantly bumps his/her garbage posts that are not stories that continually blot out the real stories and blogs. He/she constantly launches personal attacks on many people. Constant attacks against the city's this Patch represents. I have heard of people being permanently banned from Patch...I'm thinkin we have a very strong contender for the next ban...........This is getting utterly ridiculous and making Patch look terrible in the process. There are MANY violations of the TOS in LER's posts. Surely something can be done.
For fun today, I have actually went over the TOS and laughed when I read the first paragraph under use:
"While we encourage people to be honest and post what’s on their mind, communities thrive when people care about each other, and as such, Patch expects all of its users to be respectful of others. This means that whether you are being complimentary or critical, whether you are agreeing or disagreeing with the subject of an article or another user’s comment, you should act in a civil manner and refrain from personal attacks – after all, these are your neighbors."
here are a few specifics outlined in the TOS for those who have not read it:
"You are solely responsible for the Content that you post on the Service or transmit to other users. Without limitation, you agree that you will not post or transmit to other users anything that contains Content that:
- is defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane or offensive;
- infringes or violates another party's intellectual property rights (such as music, videos, photos or other materials for which you do not have written authority from the owner of such materials to post on the Service);
- violates any party’s right of publicity or right of privacy;
- is threatening, harassing or that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- promotes or encourages violence;
- is inaccurate, false or misleading in any way;
- is illegal or promotes any illegal activities;
- promotes illegal or unauthorized copying of another person's copyrighted work or links to them or providing information to circumvent security measures;
- contains “masked” profanity (e.g., F@&#)
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- contains any advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation.
Instead of trying to memorize all that, you might boil it down to three main principles: “Keep it clean,” “Don’t try to trick people,” and “Treat others as you’d like to be treated.” Easy, right?"
"Termination of Access
Trash is trash is TRASH. Some people just can't help it I suppose. I'm actually convinced there has to be some mental instability going on in that particular noggin. I hope he doesn't live alone being that unstable. I personally will be frequenting the other Patch's in the area, enjoying the peace and organization that is there.
Stories are actual stories with nobody burping in the headlines.
For some reason, the same exact story doesn't keep showing up at the top of the list every five minutes on those other sites....so weird.
Blogs are actually open for debate and discussion without any coy names being played on you or your city.
Commenting can actually be done without being referred to by some derogatory name.
Still trying to get use to it, but it is much nicer. Night and day difference for sure.