A fire that broke out Tuesday night at the Alberhill Ranch
Boys & Girls Club in Lake Elsinore has caused an estimated $200,000 in
damage, fire officials are reporting.
The blaze was reported at 7:42 p.m. at the 3711 Nichols Road facility.
When firefighters arrived, fire sprinklers had already activated, according to a report from Cal Fire/Riverside County Fire Department spokesman Mark Annas. The blaze was contained by crews in about 30 minutes and was held to one room at the facility, he reported.
Twenty firefighters and six engines were called to the scene; no injuries were reported.
According to Annas, the blaze was caused by an “appliance malfunction.”
Battalion Chief Mark Barr from Cal Fire/Riverside County Fire Department was at the scene Tuesday night and said the majority of the damage at the clubhouse was caused by the fire sprinkler system activation and smoke.
Despite the $200,000 in damages to the interior of the building, he said there was no structural damage and he estimated that firefighters were able to save approximately $500,000 worth of additional damage to the building and its contents.
Barr described the incident as a small fire within the structure that would have almost certainly caused further damage if it hadn't been kept in check by the building's fire sprinkler system. --Joe Fanaselle contributed to this report.