.

Unattended Lit Candle Causes Home Fire

The fire was reported at 7:58 p.m. in the 29900 block of Pacific Channel, according to a report from Cal Fire/Riverside County Fire Department spokeswoman Melody Hendrickson.

Patch file photo.
Patch file photo.

Residents are being reminded, especially during this holiday season, to never leave burning candles unattended.

On Wednesday night, a home fire that injured one was reported in Menifee, and cause of the blaze is being blamed on an unattended lit candle.

The fire was reported at 7:58 p.m. in the 29900 block of Pacific Channel, according to a report from Cal Fire/Riverside County Fire Department spokeswoman Melody Hendrickson.

There was extensive damage to the single-family home and one woman who lived at the residence sustained minor smoke inhalation, Hendrickson said.

No other injuries were reported.

“Firefighters will be committed to the scene for several hours for salvage and overhaul,” Hendrickson reported.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »