Varsity football games summary:
Elsinore 22 Murrieta Valley 42
Elsinore 0 7 7 8 22
Murrieta Valley 7 14 14 7 42
Elsinore Tiger highlights:
- With four ticks left on the clock before halftime and the score MV 21 Elsinore 0, senior quarterback Tommy Wilson connected with Chris Harris for a 40-yard scoring pass.
- Wilson was 9 of 18 for 119 yards and two touchdowns. His longest pass was good for 40 yards to junior Chris Harris. He rushed for 68 yards on seven carries and had one 30-yard rushing play.
- The top two Tiger receivers were Harris (two receptions for 52 yards and a touchdown) and senior Caleb Pearman (four receptions for 49 yards and a touchdown).
- Junior Jacob Guglielmana scored one rushing touchdown and had 95 yards on the night with 19 carries.
- Senior Ryan Laverdiere recorded 11 tackles.
- Senior Shane Pico and junior Robert Ulrich recorded ten tackles each.
- Both Pico and junior Dominic Rockshead had a quarterback sack.
- Junior Tyler Shelter recovered a fumble.
- Quarterback Wilson also scored a two-point conversion. It came on a trick play with 1:29 left in the game following the last touchdown.
Record: Elsinore 2-3
Next up: Elsinore has a bye week this week. Their next game is Oct. 11 at Paloma Valley to open league play. Paloma Valley is 5-0.
Faith Baptist Academy 20 Ocean View Christian (San Diego) 16
Faith Baptist Academy 0 6 6 8 20
Ocean View Christian 0 0 16 0 16
Faith Baptist Academy highlights:
- Senior QB Tim Peterson tossed three touchdown passes to three different receivers: junior Nathan Patton, junior Josiah McDowell and freshman Norman Cook.
- Peterson also had one kickoff return for 33 yards.
- Junior Micah Oh had 13 carries for 64 rushing yards.
- Freshman Norman Cook hauled in seven receptions for 62 yards.
- The defense recorded three interceptions—one each by junior Tim Monteiro, freshman Noah San Nicholas, and Peterson.
Next up: Faith Baptist Academy hosts Calvary Christian of Vista on Oct. 4. Calvary Christian is 2-0.
Temescal Canyon 49 West Valley 22
Temescal Canyon 29 10 7 3 49
West Valley 7 7 0 8 22
Temescal Canyon Titan highlights:
- Junior Michael Erim had 17 carries for 222 yards and one touchdown. His longest run was for 60 yards.
- Senior QB Sean Tremble rushed for four touchdowns.
- Senior Nathan Villareal had one pass reception for 26 yards.
- Senior Marcus Kirkpatrick had two catches for 43 yards, one of which was for 22 yards.
- Senior Trevor Cuicchi was credited with a team-high 12 tackles while his brother sophomore Austin Cuicchi got in on 11 tackles.
- Senior Jacob Zinda had ten tackles.
- The defense intercepted West Valley twice—once by sophomore Artie Barrera and the other by fellow sophomore Austin Cuicchi who returned his for a touchdown.
Next up: At home versus Lakeside for their league opener. Lakeside is 1-4.
California Lutheran 20 Liberty Christian (Huntington Beach) 12
California Lutheran 14 6 0 0 20
Liberty Christian 0 6 6 0 12
California Lutheran C-Hawks highlights:
- Both of sophomore quarterback Levi Schriefer’s two completions went for touchdowns.
- Those two TD receptions went to seniors Eric Romero (18 yards) and Trevor Simmons (25 yards).
- Senior Adam Hussman was the “go-to” guy as he rushed 14 times for 94 yards and a TD. He rushed for one two-point conversion and also had eight solo tackles on defense.
- Seniors Sina Firoozya and Simmons each were credited with 13 tackles in the game.
- Junior Noah Kolander had ten tackles.
It was a fine game for sacking the quarterback as the C-Hawks had nine! Here’s who contributed in that category:
- Simmons – 3
- Hussman – 2
- Schriefer – 1.5
- Romero – 1
- Senior Taylor Faust – 1
- Kolander – .5
Next up: The C-Hawks travel to the 0-2-1 Antelope Valley Christian Eagles for a Friday afternoon game.
Lakeside 7 Murrieta Mesa 49
Lakeside 0 0 0 7 7
Murrieta Mesa 7 21 21 0 49
Lakeside Lancer highlights:
Senior Mark Ramolete had 18 carries for 87 yards. His longest play was for 11 yards.
Junior Ramon Urrutia had the Lancers lone touchdown on a rushing play. He also converted the PAT for his team. His longest play was for 22 yards.
Sophomore Joseph Ramirez had 11 tackles against the Rams.
Next up: At Temescal Canyon for their league opener this Friday. Temescal Canyon is 2-3.
Cornerstone Christian 18 San Pasqual Academy 54
Cornerstone Christian 0 0 12 6 18
San Pasqual Academy 12 22 12 8 54
Cornerstone Christian Crusader highlights:
- Freshman quarterback Pierre Gray was 7 of 14 for 120 yards passing with one touchdown. One passing play went for 43 yards to sophomore Dylan Allums.
- Gray rushed 11 times for a healthy 124 yards and a score. One scamper was for 57 yards.
- Sophomore Wayne Simons had a touchdown run on his six carries for 23 yards.
- Allums had six receptions for 113 yards and a TD.
Three Crusader defenders had stellar nights:
- Simons had 11 tackles (8 solo)—one a quarterback sack for a five-yard loss.
- Gray and sophomore Rene Carrillo had 10 tackles a piece (8 solo for Gray; 6 for Carrillo).
- On a fumble-crazy night, senior Bryan Madrigal, sophomores Doug McAvoy and Simons, and Gray each recovered a loose ball.
Next up: Desert Chapel of Palm Springs visits the Crusaders this Saturday. The Eagles are 4-0.